Liquid Africa invites applications for a 3 to 6 months Corporate Finance Internship based in Johannesburg (Sandton). The internship will offer hands-on training and the opportunity to gain experience within the dynamic environment of Corporate Finance. It will also give the trainee exposure to the buoyant Sub-Saharan region. This opportunity is available immediately and successful candidates will earn a competitive and market-related salary (depending on profile and experience)
The trainee will provide assistance with various aspects of the Corporate Finance activity including financial modelling, data collection and analysis, drafting of investment documents, etc.
The trainee will be expected to conduct in-depth financial statement analysis, build financial models, value companies using different methods, and prepare documents and presentations for use during discussions with external parties (e.g. potential investors, strategic partners).
Liquid Africa provides a variety of corporate finance and advisory services to established and growing companies across Africa, in the areas of capital raising, M&A, restructurings, and valuations.
- BA from leading business or engineering school
- Good command of Corporate Finance concepts
- Solid presentation skills (Powerpoint)
- Strong finance, analytical and modelling skills (Excel)
- Fluent in written and oral English, knowledge of either French or Portuguese is a plus
- Strong interest in emerging marketing, and in Sub-Saharan Africa in particular
- Willingness to work in a dynamic environment
- Well-developed sense of initiative
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment and under pressure
- Comfort with formulating analytical approaches in the absence of easily-available data.
How to Apply?
To apply email your CV to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 15 October 2015