We are looking for talented individuals who seek to further their career in a rural environment working within the public sector in Aliwal North. If you are serious about economic development and seek to contribute to a transformed Eastern Cape Economy, are results driven and have passion for the Eastern Cape, you maybe our candidate.
The Agency seeks to engage the services of organised, dynamic, results driven individual and experienced Financial Manager to lead the operations of the Financial Management Department.
The primary purpose of this position is to:
Accumulate and manage financial data from source documents and verifying for accuracy, preparing and maintaining financial data for posting to reflect accurate accounting and distribution of income and expenses to appropriate accounts; and prepare financial analyses and a variety of financial reports as required. Contributions to projects funding modelling and contributing technical assistance regarding financial projections of Agencies existing and future pipeline projects.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Plan, organise and direct the entire accounting and financial administration of the Development Agency;
- Manage reconciliations, trial balances, payroll and reporting,
- Perform general accounting functions, including, cash receipts, expenditure, fixed assets, and debt management;
- Prepare financial analysis and a variety of financial reports as required;
- Produce all required financial statements in compliance with GRAP and IFRS monthly, quarterly and for various report and presentation to Board and parent municipality;
- Develop, update and review accounting policies and procedures for the Development Agency, and recommend for approval;
- Plan and ensure implementation of strict financial controls and compliance to applicable and relevant legislation and regulations;
- Plan and provide for a system and processes for timely and accurate payments of all Agency related internal and external work
- Managing annual external audit with Auditor General;
- Preparing projections and assisting with funding models for all Agency projects;
- Manage the Development Agency’s Information Communications Technology (ICT) requirements and function, and ensure that the Development Agency ICT equipment and systems are functioning well, and manage service provider relationships in this regard
- Account to and report to Audit Committee as far as internal control environment and the whole corporate government requirements is concerned
- Execute tasks as delegated to him or her by the Chief Executive Officer
- Any other adhoc support in and outside the role as and when required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Financial Management;
- Minimum 5 years, experience as an Accountant and/or Financial Manager;
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, verbal and written communications skills;
- In depth understanding of local government legislation and Companies Act
- High attention to detail to ensure high quality work;
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and to co-ordinate the input of others;
- Computer literacy, particularly, MS Excel, Pastel, etc.
Should you meet the above requirements apply:
Send your 1 page letter of motivation for the job (quote position) you are applying and describing why you wish to join JoGEDA, CV (no more than 4 pages), certified copy of all qualifications and ID document, to email@example.com or hand deliver the application to: The CEO, JoGEDA, 27 Dan Pienaar Avenue, Springs, Aliwal North, 9750.
Closing date: 14 March 2014, Should you not be contacted within four weeks of the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.