The South African Breweries (SAB) invites applications for 4 Packaging Learnerships at Ibhayi Brewery. The purpose of this program is to provide unemployed youth with an opportunity to enrol for a National Certificate in Food & Beverage Packaging NQF 3. They will enter into a one-year, fixed term contract with Ibhayi Brewery during which they will undergo both on-the-job and off-the-job learning, culminating in a national qualification.
- Run Production Machines (80% of the duration of learnership)
- Perform Maintenance, Inspection & Cleaning on Production Machines and environment
- Monitor and Perform Quality analyses relating to the Production processes
- Problem Solving
- Maintaining a Healthy and Safe working environment
- Completion of theory and practical assignments and tests
- Matric with Mathematics and English.
- Diploma in Engineering will be an added advantage
- No experience required.
- Matric, N qualification / Diploma PC literacy (Excel, Word)
- Physically fit (Physically demanding environment)
- Ability to self manage, with initiative and bias for action
- Enquiring and analytical thinking ability
- Great attention to detail with the ability to prioritise
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Be prepared to work shifts
A Learnership is a structured learning programme that combines theoretical training and on-the-job learning in an integrated programme. The theoretical aspects of the learning are entrenched with work-based learning.
How to apply