MTN is looking for a Tax Graduate in Roodepoort. The Graduate in will be trained (formally and “on the job”) and will, under guidance of the Tax Managers and or coach, gain knowledge, understanding, insight and hands-on experience and skills to become competent in Direct and Indirect Tax. This role exists to up skill, impart practical knowledge and know how to further develop the graduate to become fully competent in the function of Tax.
- Undertaking tax research as requested by the Tax Managers
- Presenting at internal tax training workshops
- Assist with preparation of the South African group of companies corporate income tax returns
- Assist with preparation of the South African group of companies provisional, forecast and budgeted tax computations
- Assist with preparation of certain South African VAT returns Assist the Indirect Tax Manager with compliance related to Customs
- Assist Tax Managers during interim and final year audits
- Assist with preparation of the annual tax reporting packs for the South African group of companies
- Assisting with the compilation of responses to queries raised by the South African tax authority
- Assisting with the compilation and review of the country by country reporting templates
- Assisting with the preparation of the controlled foreign company returns for the South African group of companies
- Assisting with the preparation of responses to international tax and transfer pricing queries that are raised by the tax authority
- Assist with issuing of opinions and drafting/reviewing Audit Committee packs.
The graduate will gain experience in the following areas:
- Reviewing and recommending changes on system related policies, processes, procedures and business rules.
- Analysing and providing insight to movements on VAT liability, Deferred Tax and Income Tax expense.
- Challenging the status quo and providing meaningful input into ways of decreasing MTN SA’s Tax burden.
- Ensuring that adequate controls are incorporated into new systems and products and also making sure those functional requirements are adequate to ensure that tax leakage is minimised.
- Continuous improvement of process and integration of various systems to improve efficiencies.
- Identification of system inefficiencies
- Recommending innovative solutions to enhance MTN SA’s performance
- Network building and maintaining relationships (internal and external)
- BCom preferred. Bcom Hons an advantage
- H.Dip (Tax) or similar
- Completed articles an advantage
- No previous tax experience required
How to apply?
Click HERE to apply online